I am very happy and proud to formally announce our annual Rite of Spring Ball on March 19th at the Lake Merritt Dance Center at 200 Grand Ave in Oakland!
The Brassworks Band will play four dance sets from 8:30 p.m. until 12:00 Midnight. Thrill to many of your favorite waltzes, polkas, mazurkas & schottisches, The Congress of Vienna, Jolly Dogs Polka, Sir Roger de Coverley and Bohemian National Polka!
Semi-Formal attire required, and 19th century styles are encouraged. Please see the Gaskell Ball page on Formal Attire or photos from our previous Balls. Admission is $20 in Advance (until March 12th) or $25 at the door (cash/credit/check) and includes a free beginning waltz lesson from 7 to 8 p.m., light snacks and refreshments, and ALL THE WONDERFUL FANTASTIC DANCING YOU CAN HANDLE. The dance schedule will be posted at the Ball and will remain familiar to those who have attended our previous Balls.
The most OverAttired of the evening (chosen by our board) will win complimentary admission to the next Ball!
The Ball is being put on by your friends and mine at OverAttired Vintage Fashion, a fabulous new vintage clothing shop in downtown Oakland, owned by the always dapper Sam Simmons & Monica Lenk.
We do need a few volunteers! Please Contact Us to volunteer!
We would love you to bring flyers to other local events!
- Q: I have a gender-based question! A: We have no gender restrictions!
- Q: I want to wear my corset on the outside! A: Go ahead!
- Q: Can I bring a potluck contribution? A: Yes!
- Q: Parking? A: LMDC has a front lot and a (smaller) back lot. Additional parking is located on the surrounding streets, or the very close by Whole Foods parking lot.
- Q: Is there a ladies changing room? Yes!
- Q: Should I tuck my shirt in? A: Always tuck your shirt in.